As a fast-paced growing contractor, we are continually hiring quality crew members. We are currently filling positions for laborers with welding experience. Preferably AWS Certified or a desire to become certified.
Turn-Key Tunneling, Inc. was founded in 2005 and is a leading provider as a trench-less excavation contractor. We specialize in auger boring, tunneling, pipe jacking, slip lining, and vertical shaft construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Our teams work cohesively together to support the overall company goals and successful project completion. As a TKT team member we are current/future employee owners who take great pride in our company and our work. All-members are responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and efficient construction site while also supporting the overall project. The list of duties and responsibilities for a laborer/welder on any given day may include the following:
- Cleaning and preparing construction sites.
- Loading and unloading materials and equipment.
- Building and taking down scaffolding, shaft plates, equipment and materials.
- Digging trenches, compacting earth and backfilling holes.
- Operating and tending machinery and heavy equipment.
- Following instructions from supervisors and implementing construction plans.
- Assisting fellow skilled tradespeople in their duties.
- Welding specific equipment and parts to meet the special and unusual needs, using the manufacturer specifications, calculator, measuring devices, drawings, etc.
- Must be detail oriented and maintain a safe work area
- Any other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- OSHA 10-Hour Certification
Skills and Specifications:
- Construction experience with general knowledge of machinery, tools and equipment used in trenchless mining.
- Knowledge of properties and characteristics of metals used for cutting, welding and forming objects and of various fluxes and rods (welders and welding candidates).
- Knowledge of safety precautions related to occupational hazards, procedures and practices of the trade.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and fit for duty test
- Skilled in identifying the proper power and hand tools in the safest possible manner and other various equipment
Education and Qualifications:
- Prefer candidates with proficient oral and written communication skills, technical skills, and functional skills
- AWS Certified a plus
- Basic mathematics skills
- Basic knowledge of welding symbols and blueprint reading skills
- Ability to work with complicated welding tools
The employee will be required to wear appropriate PPE equipment. The employee could occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures, fumes, or airborne particles. The noise level in the workplace is moderate. Travel is required.
How to Apply:
If you have the desire and feel you are ready to work in a high-performance, fast-paced environment, apply today.